How to Use All In One WP Migration for Site Migration?
You may need to migrate your site due to a number of different reasons. It can be because of Replatforming, Redesigning of the site, Content Migration, or anything else. According to the SEO Experts, Site Migration is an event or a process in which the site undergoes significant changes that may also affect the visibility of the site on different search engines. During the process of site migration, the typical changes are made to the site’s location, platform, structure, content, design, or UX.
STEP 1: Install the All in One WP Migration WordPress Plugin
So, let’s start migrating your site by following this manual. We recommend you stick to the very last step of the site migration to avoid any mistakes. Following this step will help you to successfully install this powerful WordPress migration plugin.
- First, Log in to the admin panel of your WordPress site. Go to the ‘plugins’ link and hit upon the ‘Add New’ link.
- Proceed further by searching the ‘All-In-One WP Migration’ to find this best WordPress plugin.
- Click on the ‘Install Now’ button.
- After successfully installing this plugin, click on the ‘Activate’ button which is appearing on your desktop.
STEP 2: Export WordPress Site from One Server to Another
Now, let’s move to the next step which will guide you to export your WordPress site from one server to another server without losing any data at all. So, let’s get started!
- Go to the Navigation Bar which is available on the left side of your desktop.
- Hover your cursor over the ‘All In One WP Migration.’
- Click on the ‘Export’ link.
- To proceed further with the Default Option, Click on the ‘Export To’ Link.
- Now, select the right destination where you want to keep this plugin.
- If your site is not big enough, then Export To File is a good option for your site.
- If your site is big enough, then you must go with the Export To FTP option.
STEP 3: Import WordPress Site at your Old Host
- Go to the Navigation Bar of your WordPress site’s Dashboard.
- Now, move the cursor over All-in-One WP Migration and Click on the ‘Import’ link.
- Now, you will automatically get directed to the Import Page.
- Locate the Export File from the Old Location or your Old site.
- Now, drag the export files to the Import Section.
- If you face any kind of error, then we will recommend you change the upload limit in the .htaccess file to proceed with the migration process further.
- Click the ‘Proceed’ button that will appear on the Warning Pop Up that of your computer screen.
- After this, you will receive a notification that ‘Your Data Has Been Successfully Imported.’
- From the Notification Pop Up, Click on Permalinks Settings.
- Now finally, click on the ‘Save Changes’ option.
Things that You need to keep in Mind throughout Site Migration Remember Crawling Before Site Migration
The website that you are planning to migrate must contain the best keywords. We are mentioning this so that, after indexing and scanning, your website can be retrieved fast once searched on any search engine. There are tons of crawling tools available in the market that you can take into consideration for your site crawling. When it comes to the best crawling tools, then there are a few tools that are counted at the top including SEMrush, Screaming Frog, and many more.
Test all URLs of your website
Before proceeding with the site migration, we recommend all our users run a sample test for all of the site URLs. If you don’t want to lose your consistent site visitors, then we strongly recommend you to link every single old URLs of your site to the new domain. This will ensure the smooth redirection of visitors to the new location.
After Site Migration, Submit Sitemap
Don’t forget to update the sitemap of your website after successfully migrating your site from one server to another. There are a number of tools that the users can use to update their sitemap. You can also give a try to the Google Search Console which is considered as one of the best choices.
Exclude Duplicate Content from your Site
Duplicate content one of the all major reasons that affect the ranking of any website. The duplicity of content here mentions the identical URL parameters, or actually, plagiarised content. If you are wondering that how you are going to rid of this issue, then we will recommend you to use a search console tool. This tool will positively help you to canonize your site URL.
Check out all in one wp migration alternatives